Connecting Your TV
Most modern televisions require only the simplest of installation activity to work. Before you contact your service center, please read and follow these steps:
- Make sure the television is connected to AC power, and to the cable outlet. The cable outlet requires a coaxial cable that will connect into the outlet and the TV. This is a round cable that can be any length.
- If you have a remote control, make sure the batteries are good.
- If you do not receive all of the channels listed on the channel lineup, your TV may need to be set up and programmed to be cable ready.
With slight variations, all modern televisions require similar actions to prepare for use with a cable system. If the exact term listed below is not on your programming menu, there probably is a very similar term.
- Go to “MENU”, “Programming”, or “Action” screen.
- From this screen, go to “Set-Up”.
- If you are prompted to choose between “off-Air” and “Cable”, chose “Cable”.
- Go to “Auto Program”.
- When you depress the “Auto Program” button your television will begin to automatically scroll through the channels. The TV is programming itself to acquire the channels that have signal coming from the cable TV system.
- Save the changes and exit.
Alternate: Some TV’s (typically older ones) have an “antenna-CATV” switch on the back. Be sure this is in the “CATV” position.
If you do not have reception after you have tried these steps. notify your Customer Service Center. They will direct you in additional steps or dispatch a service person as soon as possible. Please note, that it may take a day or two to attend to your request as there may be other requests ahead of you.
Activating Pac-12 Live
Housing residents can watch the Pac-12 Networks whenever (and wherever) they want on laptops, phones, and other devices – on or off campus. Pac-12 Live is included in the free housing cable connection.
To activate set up the app and activate your accounts please the following steps:
- Go to http://pac-12.com/live or download the app
- Select “USC Campus Housing” as your TV provider
- Follow the login instructions to start watching