Where is Gender-Inclusive housing located?

Select apartments in Birnkrant, Cardinal Gardens and Century (Rainbow Floor) are designated for gender-inclusive housing.

How do I apply for Gender-Inclusive housing?

New housing applicants should check the gender-inclusive option in the special interest housing step of the online application.  Returning residents participating in UHR should request the Special Interest Housing category and check the gender-inclusive option.  A supplemental (written) application is also required.

Applications will be reviewed by the Division of Student Life, who will work with applicants regarding their housing needs.  If accepted, applicants will be provided with specific instructions regarding how to confirm their assignment.

Can I select my own roommates?

Yes, but your roommates must have requested, been selected for, and assigned to gender-inclusive housing.

Can I be assigned to a Gender-Inclusive space if I didn’t request it?

No.  Only applicants specifically requesting this housing will be assigned to these spaces.

Who may apply for Gender-Inclusive spaces?

Undergraduates of all class standings may request this housing. Spaces for freshmen will be limited and eligibility will be determined on a case by case basis.

I have additional questions about Gender-Inclusive housing. Where can I get answers?

Please contact the Office for Residential Education at (213) 740-2080.