When you think about your hopes for your college experience, you envision a new of life. You imagine sharing ideas and experiences with a rich array of fascinating people. You can find that way of life in USC’s special interest housing diversity of communities that bring students and faculty together to share living and learning experiences. These communities feature activities and programs, both formal and informal, that enhance and expand your university life. For more information about these programs, please visit the USC Residential Education website.



Special Interest Community
Building Location
Cinema FloorNew Residential CollegeCINE
Women in Science & EngineeringMarks HallWISE
GO! Great Outdoors FloorMarks TowerDOOR
El Sol y La Luna Latino FloorFluor TowerLATF
Somerville PlaceFluor TowerSMRV
Business FloorPardee TowerBUSI
Arts & Architecture FloorArts & Humanities Residential CollegeARFL
Creative Writing FloorArts & Humanities Residential CollegeWRIT
Dance & Drama FloorArts & Humanities Residential CollegeDNDR
Music FloorArts & Humanities Residential CollegeMUSI
Muslim HousingParkside ApartmentsMSLM
Schalom HousingParkside ApartmentsCHAL
Rainbow FloorCentury ApartmentsRAIN

How to Apply

Only some communities will require an additional application. If one or more of these special interest communities seems right for you, please be sure to complete the housing application and indicate the program(s) that match your interests as well as the required supplemental application.

Some special interest communities are available only to incoming freshmen. Also, check to make sure you are eligible (e.g. certain qualifications are required to live in University Residential College at Birnkrant).

Somerville Place (Fluor Tower) – Contact the Center for Black Cultural and Student Affairs by calling (213) 740-8257, by e-mail or online.

Latino Floors (Fluor Tower) – Contact El Centro Chicano by calling (213) 740-1480 or visit their website.

Rainbow Floor (Century Apartments) – Contact the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Resource Center by visiting their website.

International Residential College or Arts and Humanities College at Parkside including Schalom, Muslim, Music, Dance and Drama, Creative Writing or Art & Architecture Floors (Arts & Humanities) – Supplemental applications found can be found here for these programs.